Breathe and Faith
It’s a new day and the beginning of a new week. Thank You God! Truly, Thank You God! We are 10 days into the new year and so much has happened. We have to continue to breathe and have faith!
I am a firm believer in phrases such as, this is just a moment in time, this too shall pass, have faith, give it up to God and today is a new day. We cannot turn a blind eye to the crazy, absurd and unimaginable events that happen in our world. We can choose to shift our focus to the good in humanity, positive moments and the simple times spent with those we love!
Starting this week, I am going to make a few simple changes in my life, maybe you want to too!
1. Turn off the news. I will not start my day or end my day with the news. Instead I will listen to an uplifting podcast or calming music.
2. I will be drinking 64 ounces of liquids each day. It can be a combination of water, tea, latte or fruit too!
3. I will be adding more vegetables and fruits into my daily meals. This sounds so easy but for me, I really have to think about this!
4. I will get outside and walk around the block each day. I will ride my stationary bike, at lease 3 times a week.
5. I will send my friends and family handwritten notes and cards to say hi and let them know how much I appreciate and love them! Who doesn’t like a handwritten note!
I cannot fix all of the wrong in the world. I can make a few simple changes in my day/week to be positive and stay healthy. I can choose to focus more on the good and remember to breathe and have faith!
Let’s remind ourselves, it’s only been 10 days into the new year! You can spin these past 10 days in so many ways! I choose to spin it in a positive way! We now have 355 days to do better!
The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his/her future by merely changing his/her attitude – Oprah